Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Spring League Week Ten: 4/1/2015

Round 1:  Lore

1. Daft Punk is a well known french techno duo. Their third album titled Discovery is one of my favorite albums ever. But they are also well known for producing the soundtrack for a major motion picture. Can you tell me the name of this movie?

Tron: Legacy (Seventeen - Ladytron)

2. Another thing that was discovered was AMERICA! Who is credited for discovering it in textbooks and in what year.

Cristopher Columbus 1492 (Go 2 sleep - Ludacris)

3. Paul Bunyon is a giant lumberjack in american folklore he would go around and do “superhuman labors” because back then it was virtuous to be strong and mighty instead of rich and an asshole. I’m pretty sure it’s because we don’t see many giant blue oxen on wall street. Can you tell me Paul Bunyon’s oxes name?

Babe (Cyclone - Baby Bash)

4. Remember back in the day where you would go to dance clubs and they would play funky music and everyone would wiggle and it wasn’t all about grinding butts on weiners? That’s because the music changed and our virtues changed and everything is going to shit. Along with blue oxen roaming the street we need to get that funk back. What was the name of the band that sang Funkytown?

Lipss Inc (Space Cowboy - N Sync)

Bonus Round: Hans Christian anderson was well known fairy tale writer. Can you name 5 of his fairy tales that were turned into Disney Movies?

The Ugly Duckling (Barbra Streisand - Duck Sauce)
The Little Matchgirl (How Far We’ve Come - Matchbox Twenty)
The Little Mermaid (Little Red Corvette - Prince)
The Snow Queen (Frozen) (Don’t stop me now - Queen)
The Steadfast Tin Soldier (Fantasia 2000) (Like Toy Soldiers - Eminem)

Round 2: Everybody Poops
1. So all living creatures for the most part poop. What land animal has the largest poop?

Elephant (Pon De River Pon De Bank - Elephant Man)

2. In the movie Jurassic Park there are a bunch of really cool dinosaurs and a scene with a really sick one. Ellie, the blonde stays with this sick dinosaur and has to sift through its feces to find out what is wrong. What kind of dinosaur was sick?

Triceratops (I Tried - Bone Thugs-N-Harmony)

3. Poop is actually made up of around 75% of water. The Earth is also around 71% water. Interesting poop and the Planet Earth have the same consistencies. Anyways what is the largest freshwater lake in world?

Lake Superior (Breakfast In America - Supertramp)

4. My favorite piece of poop is Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo. Now Mr. Hankey was designed after a famous cartoon character. Can you tell me which one that was.

Mickey Mouse (Dashboard - Modest Mouse)

Bonus Round: One person that constantly talked about poop being in his diaper was Dill Pickle from Rugrats. What are the 5 longest running Nickelodeon & Nick Jr. cartoons in history?

Spongebob (Blowin’ in the Wind - Bob Dylan)
Dora The Explorer (Devil’s Dance Floor - Flogging Molly)
Fairly Oddparents (Space Oddity - David Bowie)
Rugrats (Loud Pipes - Ratatat)
Blue’s Clues (Hook - Blues Traveler)

Round 3: The Internet
1. With all of the chaos going around with the NSA spying and security being taken from us lots of tech savvy people have moved away from the regular internet to the deep web. People could use the Deep Web to participate in illicit activites without the fear of being caught. Unfortuantely for the main Black Market present on the Deep Web they got shut down by police. What was the name of this hidden marketplace.

The Silk Road (Take me home Country Roads - John Denver)

2. In the early days of the internet there was a network called “ARPA” and it involved three universities in california and one in utah. Can you name the two of these universities that are credited in creating the internet

UCSB
UCLA(I love College - Asher Roth)
STANFORD
U of Utah

3. If you go to any website you have seen the HTTP:// at the beginning. Tell me what it stands for

Hypertext Transfer Protocol (Hyperparadise - Flume Remix -Hermitude)

4. There are plenty of internet browsers available but I want you to tell me the most popular one in the United States

Google Chrome (Mamma’s Boy - Chromeo)

Bonus Round: Name the top 5 Top Level Domains. These are the suffixes that come after the webpage. www.homestarrunner.com (Don’t use .com)

.Org (Or Nah - Ty Dolla $ign)
.Net (Eternal Flame - Bangles)
.Int (Interstate Love Song - STP)
.Edu (Educated Fools - Rebelution)
.Gov (Over - Tove Lo)

Round 4: Embarrassing Moments
1. My life has been full of embarrassing moments, but you know what who cares. So one time I was raising the flag at my summer camp which is for children with type-one diabetes, and it was dead quiet, and I was pulling down on the rope to put it on the hook. It was really hard to do and I kept pulling until bam I farted in front of the entire camp. What country has the largest amount of diabetics?

India (In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins)

2. One night I was drunk at the blarn, like really drunk. So as I was leaving I noticed my shoelaces were untied. So drunk me was like “Let’s do this I gotta tie my shoe” So in the blarn, I attempted to tie my shoe, took a knee, and slowly fell to the floor like I was in slow motion. So there are two bars in Worcester that claim to be the oldest, one being yours truly Moynihans. What is the other bar?

Moynagh’s Tavern (Toys In The Attic - Aerosmith)

3. So last year the Red Sox won the World Series, and to celebrate I thought it was a good idea to wear nothing but my boxers and a Red Sox Jersey with a lovely flag as my cape and run through campus yelling my head off, including right through the AC at like midnight. Another drunk decision. I just want to know what is the best selling brand of men’s underwear in the world?

Calvin Klein (I Walk The Line - Johnny Cash)

4. So growing up I loved Harry Potter, and for some reason reading the books and watching the movies I had a huge crush on Luna Lovegood. While this may seem weird to some, she was just really cool and weird and in Ravenclaw, which also was kind of interesting. What is the name of JK Rowling’s most recently published novel?

The Silkworm (Doctor Worm - They Might Be Giants)

Bonus Round: So I love Little Miss Sunshine, but I always cry when the brother Dwayne realizes he can’t enlist into the air force. That scene is so intense and I just always break down. Anyways tell me 5 reasons that the Armed Forces can refuse you for.

Drug Users (Red Eyes - The War On Drugs)
Obese (Please Mr. Postman - The Marvelettes)
Medical Illnesses (Wagon Wheel - Old Crow Medicine Show)
Failing to Graduate High School (Concrete Schoolyard - Jurassic 5)
Criminal Record (Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm)


Scores
1. Kevin Forti Realty Trust: 89 pts.
2. I Wish This Microphone Was George: 88 pts.
3. Uteran Envy: 82 pts.
4. Midnight Crew: 81 pts.
5. Ben Dover: 73 pts.
5. Dawson's Crack: 73 pts.
6. Prostate Of The Union: 71 pts.
7. Where's Billy & Greg: 64 pts.
7. Rusty Kuntz: 64 pts.
8. Baby Llama Drama: 56 pts.


Picture Question

Question: What would be the best April Fool's Prank on Kanye West?

Winner: Ben Dover

Runner Up: Kevin Forti Realty Trust


Standings
1. I Wish This Microphone Was A Giant Horse Cock: 62.5 + 9 = 71.5 pts.
2. Kevin Forti Realty Trust: 44.5 + 10 = 54.5 pts.
3. Prostate Of The Cock Squad: 47 + 4 = 51 pts.
4. Baby Llama Drama: 44.5 + 1 = 45.5 pts.
5. Sorry Out Of Rolling Rock: 32 + 8 = 40 pts.
6. #PleaseAcceptMyResume: 25 pts.
7. Je Suis Kanye: 14 + 5.5 = 19.5 pts.
8. Dawson's Crack: 13.5 + 5.5 = 19 pts.
9. Oswald Cobblepot: 18 pts.
10. Crunchy Roll: 14 pts.
11. Funtown/Splashtown USA: 9 pts.
12. Where's Billy & Greg?: 4 + 2.5 = 6.5 pts.
13. Team Couches: 5 pts.

No comments:

Post a Comment