Saturday, November 7, 2015

Fall League 11/2/15

What would be Worcester's worst mayor?
Winner: Gravity Falls Harder Than My GPA


Round: #adulthood?
so someone recently added me on linkedin, but on no other social networks. I thought that was super an adulthood thing, because linkedin is supposedly for jobs. I guess some people get jobs through Linkedin. What is the biggest sector of employment?
Retail (A Tale of 2 Citiez- J Cole)
One thing that I feel like indicates adulthood is owning a house. Now, due to all my watchings of Property Brothers and House Hunters, I know exactly what I would want in a house. For instance a library. What is the biggest library in the world?
British Library (Suddenly- British Sea Power)
According to Jeffrey Arnett a big part of adulthood is being content with who reality. So I’m pretty far off. Still convinced I’m gonna be able to wake up as a movie star. Who is the top grossing movie star of all time?
Samuel L. Jackson (Billie Jean- Michael Jackson)
Pretty sure taxes are the most important part of adulthood. The Rosetta Stone is actually about taxes. Please name me at least two of the languages on the Rosetta stone.
Hieroglyphics, Demotic, Greek (Greek Tragedy- The Wombats)
Knowing your rights: Five things guaranteed in first amendment:
freedom of religion (Losing my religion- REM)
freedom of speech (Queen’s Speech 4- Lady Leshurr)
freedom of press (Under Pressure- Logic)
freedom to assemble (Ass Drop- Wiz Khalifa) 
freedom to petition (Sweet Disposition- The Temper Trap)

Round: Old Timers/Classics
So something is defined as Classic if it’s older and holds true cultural meaning. I heard a joke the other day that a classic movie is something that everyone wants to have watched at some point, but never wants to watch. I keep meaning to watch The Fly, the classic famous horror film about a guy who makes a teleporting machine and turns into a fly, but it’s way too boring for me. What very popular animated character made his debut in the 1928 film, Steamboat Willie?
Mickey Mouse (Dashboard - Modest Mouse)
And in third grade, I had the luxury of singing this one particular Mary Poppins song in front of all the parents at my school. So for the question, spell me supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
34 letters (Supercalifragilisticeexpialidocious - Julie Andrews)
Classics always make me think of Beethoven. How many keys are on a standard piano?
88 - 52 White and 36 Black (Eight Days A Week - The Beatles)
What actors played the three amigos?
Marton Short, steve martin, chevy chase (Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol)
I grew up listening to a lot of Frank Sintra. 5 Romance Language:
Italian (It’s My Life - No Doubt)
French (Take Me out - Franz Ferdinand)
Spanish (HOld My Hand - Jess Glynn)
portugese (Power - Kanye West)

romanian (Rome - Phoenix)

Round: Idioms
I love idioms. So I figured I would talk about some of my favorites. I like a “Penny Saved is a penny earned” How much is a penny worth now?
1.54 cents (In Da Club- 50Cent)
Once in a Blue Moon is also a solid idiom. When was the last Blue moon?
July, 2015 (Fourth of July- fall out boy)
I like “curiosity killed the cat” but people always forget the second part of the idiom. What is it?
Satisfaction Brought it back (I Can’t Get No Satisfaction- The Rolling Stones)
Rome wasn't built in a day. Who are the two mythical founders of rome?
Romulus and Remus (I Could be the One- Avicii, Nicky Romero)
Let sleeping dogs lie. Most popular dog breeds worldwide?
Labrador (I will follow you into the dark- death cab for cutie)
German Sheppard (Geronimo- Sheppard)
Poodle (Pools- Glass Animals)
Chihuahua  (Cheerleader- OMI)
Golden Retriever  (Gold Digger- Kanye West)

Round: Far Away Places
Have you guys ever had a friend tell you a story/funny happenstance and you just didn’t get it and they say that “You just had to be there”, I like to call those geography jokes. What is the only Eurpoean country capital city that is not located on a major river? 
Madrid (Madness - Muse)
In the Wizard of Oz, Dorothy gets sent to a very far land. What is Dorothy last name in the Wizard of Oz? 
Gayle (sexual healing - marvin gaye)
People always joke about liking long walks on the beach, but has anyone actually ever done that? What country has the longest coastline?
 Canada (Can’t Help Falling In Love - Elvis)
I just came back from a decently long road trip to Philly and didn’t realize there was a highway that goes straight from Massachusetts to Pennsylvania. Longest highway stretches in the US from Boston, MA to what state in the continental United States? 
Newport, Oregon (When I’m Gone - Eminem)
And the farthest land is definitely Middle Earth. Aside from Gandalf and Frodo, name be 5 members of the Lord of the Rings fellowships
Sam (I’m not the Only one - Sam Smith)
Merry Pippin (Marry You - Bruno Mars)
Aragorn (Changing - The Airbourne   Toxic Event) 
Legolas (Legalize It - Peter Tosh)
Gimli (Gimme Love - The Rolling Stones)
Boromir


Scores:
Lizard Squad: 56 pts
Make America Grape Again: 56 pts
Molasses Landslide: 52 pts
Green is Not a Creative Color: 47 pts
Faith +1: 45 Pts
Indiche Bus Farher: 42 pts
Gravity Falls Harder Than My GPA: 36 pts
Dr. Briefs Undergarment Sales Team: 35 pts
Chortling with Rapturous Glee: 33 pts
Crunchy Roll: 27 pts
Do it 4 the Kids: 17 pts
I Got 99 Cookies Cause a Bitch Ate One: 8 pts
Trump 4 Eva: 7 pts
Crime Daddies: 6 pts
The Lobstabacks: 5 pts
Dick Fuck Squad: 5 pts
Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons: 4 pts
H224: 4 pts
Los Gringos Latinos: 4 pts
Snack Attack: 3 pts
Why Aren't Hamburgers Called Beef Burgers: 3 pts
Jolly Joe's Giants: 2 pts
Deez Nuts for Prez: 2 pts
Wet Blood Farts: 1 pt
Three White Russians: 1 pt
Big Booty Bitches: 1 pt
Two Winning Guys: 1 pt
Ole: 1 pt

No comments:

Post a Comment