Sunday, October 25, 2015

Fall League 10/21/15

Picture Question: What will the world look like in 30 years?
Winner: Lizard Squad



Round: Weird Injuries
So I have a lot of weird injuries and problems, and it becomes very frustrating to deal with.
My most recent weird injury was a fractured foot. That I got walking off my front porch. at 10 am. While headed to the gym. It was embarrassing. Anyway, what is the most common sports injury?
Ankle Sprain (Anklebiters- Paramore)
Another one is I had chronic tonsillitis. Not fun to have septic tonsils. During this time I was abroad. I didn’t want to fly home though. What is the world's largest airline?
American Airlines Group (American Idiot- Green Day)
Another fun one was that I shattered my pinky. I fell down. Not great. It was my right hand, which is my writing hand. Unfortunately I’m not left handed. But a bunch of presidents are. How many of the last 14  presidents were left handed?
Seven (6 Foot 7 Foot- Lil Wayne)
I also got a concussion once from a lollypop. Also embarrassing. A boy who liked me threw it at me, but I was 16, so that’s pretty embarrassing for him too. Which company sells the most candy?
Kraft Foods Co/Cadbury (Bring it Back- Shy , Aleon Craft)
I had six wisdom teeth, which means I’m wicked wise. Like Athena. Please name me 5 other greek gods.
Zeus (Dancing in the Dark- Bruce Springsteen)
Hera
Poseidon
Demeter (Cool For the Summer- Demi Lovato)
Ares
Athena
Apollo (Follow Me- Uncle Kracker)
Artemis (Art Deco- Lana Del Rey)
Hephaestus
Aphrodite
Hermes (Hermes- Santana)
Dionysus
Hades
Hypnos
Nike
Janus
Nemesis
Iris
Hecate

Tyche


Round: Filipino Heritage Month
So someone quickly reminded me that it was Filipino Heritage Month. Manny Pacqueo is one of the Philippines national heroes for all of the boxing titles that he’s won. He is currently the second highest paid athlete in 2015. Who is the highest paid athlete in 2015? Hint: he is also a boxer. Floyd Mayweather (Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepson)

There’s a ton of famous people who are Filipino that I’m sure you didn’t know. One of the Black Eye Peas rappers is Filipino, and the reason why I’m not telling you his name is because I have no idea how to pronounce it. Allan Pinedo Lindo? Well Bruno Mars is also Filipino! What is currently the most played Bruno Mars Song accordingly to Spotify? Locked Out of Heaven (Just Like Heaven - The Cure)

Yo-yo’s were a big deal in the Philippines for 400 years, but not because they were in entertaining toy.What were Yo-Yo’s used for in the Philippines? - Weapons (Pon de Replay - Rhianna)

People always joke that super attractive, ethnically-ambiguous actors are some percentage Filipino, because a lot of them are. Vanessa Hudgens from High School Musical is one of those ethnically-ambiguous actors who ends up half Filipino. How many high school musical movies are there? Not including spin-offs. 3 (Kryptonite - Three Doors Down)

My favorite Filipino actor is Rob Schneider. He’s from SNL and he’s best friends with Adam Sandler. Name me 5 movies that include both Rob Schneider and Adam Sandler
The Waterboy
Big Daddy
Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo
Little Nicky (Starships - Nikki Minaj)
The Animal (Animal - Neon Trees)
Mr. Deeds
Eight Crazy Nights (December, 1963 (Oh What A night) - Frankie Vallie & The Four Seasons)
The Hot Chick
50 First Dates (First Date - Blink 182)
The Longest Yard
Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
Grandma’s Boy
The Benchwarmers (She Keeps Me Warm - Mary Lambert)
Click
I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
You Don’t Mess With The Zohan
Bedtime Stories
Grown Ups


Round: Baby, it’s getting really a bit too cold outside for my tastes
Before I moved to Massachusetts, I thought I liked the snow. I was wrong. So I’m a bit unhappy about the changing weather.
One thing that I think of in this weather is that I need to dig my coats out. And scarves. And gloves. At least I don’t have to throw down my gloves to duel people. The most famous duel is of course my man Alexander Hamilton. Who killed him?
Aaron Burr (Furr- Blitzen Trapper)
Snowiest city in USA.State is good enough.
Valdez, Alaska (Valerie- Amy Winehouse)
In the winter, dating website profiles increase. Most popular dating website
Match.com (3 AM- Matchbox 20)
No Matter how bad the weather gets, it will never be as bad as the cold war, amirite? Who was the first ruler of the soviets?
Lenin (Steal My Sunshine- LEN)
Top 5 Coldest cities in USA.
Duluth, Minnesota (What I’ve Done- Linkin Park)
Willston, North Dakota (Freedom- Pharrell Williams)
Fargo, North Dakota (You’re Gonna Go Far Kid- The Offspring)
Grand Forks, North Dakota (Back To You- Twin Forks)
Fairbanks, Alaska (Fairly Local- 21 Pilots)



Round: Back To The Future Day

So today is the one day that they travel to in Back To The Future 2, today is the day where the future is supposed to finally be here. Except not really. I was at the DMV a few weeks back and that’s enough proof that we are not in the future. What was the name of Michael J. Fox’s character in Back to the Future? Marty McFly (Fly - Sugar Ray)

One of the movie’s most iconic props was the vehicle they used to time travel. It was characterized by the chrome finish, gullwing doors that open upwards. What is the name of the car that they used as a time traveling machine? Delorean (Miss Delaney - Jack’s Mannequin)

Did you know, for $40,000, you can own one of those cars for yourself today! The factory still exists and only makes the pieces for the exact model from the movie. What country is this manufacturing factory located in? Ireland (Irreplacable - Beyonce)

Up until 2007, you could go on a Back To the Future simulation ride in the United States. What theme park had this ride? Universal Studios Florida (Poppin’ Them Thangs - G Unit)

Name 5 technological advantages that Back to the Future says we’ll have by 2015 that we do not have easy access too.
Flying Cars (Just What I Needed - The Cars)
Robots automated everything (Call Your Girlfriend -Robyn)
Eye-Tech
Hoverboards (Under The Boardwalk -The Drifters)
Jaws 19 (Do you still hate me - the jaw breakers
Dehydrated Food
Rejuvination Clinic
Self-tying shoelaces (Diamond on the soul of her shoes - Paul Simon)
Zappers (Putting people to sleep)


Week 6 Scores
Lizard Squad: 44 pts
Faith +1: 44 pts
Make America Grape Again: 43 pts
Molasses Landslide/ Grundler Grinder Reunion/Stefon and The Jacked Kangaroo Squad: 41 pts
Indische Bus Fahrer: 38 pts
Green is not a Creative Color/ I'm Only Here to Get in Chris' Pants/That's a Bad Miss: 35 pts
Chortling with Rapturous Glee: 27 pts
Crunchy Roll: 26 pts
Dr. Brief's Undergarment Sales Team: 22 pts
Gravity Falls Harder Than My GPA: 21 pts
Do it 4 the Kids: 17 pts
I Got 99 Cookies Cause a Bitch Ate One: 8 pts
Trump 4 Eva: 7 pts
The Lobstabacks (Ain't No Lobstaback Girl): 5 pts
Frankie Vallie and the Four Seasons (Frankie is in the bathroom): 4 pts
Los Gringos Latinos: 4 pts
H224: 4 pts
Why Aren't Hamburgers Called Beef Burgers: 3 pt
Deez Nuts 4 Prez: 2 pts
Jolly Joe's Giants: 2 pts
Big Booty Bitches: 1 pt
Two Winning Guys: 1pt
Ole: 1 pt

No comments:

Post a Comment