Sunday, October 4, 2015

Fall League 9/30

Picture Question: Wildest Birthday Party
Winner: That's a Bad Miss

Round: Sports
Sometimes I feel bad because I don’t do any sports questions, and it seems like that’s what people really know. So here’s my try. I think my favorite olympic athlete is Apolo Ohno. What sport does he compete in?
Speed Skating (Short Track) (Speed of Sound- Coldplay)
I also like the historical sports, too, of course. Why is a marathon called a marathon? 
A man ran 26.2 miles on a field called marathon then died. (Ran off the night- Echosmith)
Lebron James is pretty important I think. I’m not positive. What city was Lebron born in?
  Akron, Ohio (Ohio is for lovers- Hawthorne heights)
Who is hosting the next olympics?
  Rio De Janeiro (Shine On- RIO)
Please name me any 5 of the women on the winning roster of the fifa championship.
Shannon Boxx
Morgan Brian
Lori Chalupny
Crystal Dunn
Whitney Engen
Ashlyn Harris
Tobin Heath
Lauren Holiday (Roman Holiday- Halsey)
Julie Johnston
Meghan Klingenberg
Ali Krieger
Sydney Leroux
Carli Lloyd (I Really Like You- Carly Rae Jepsen)
Alex Morgan
Alyssa Naeher
Kelley O'Hara
Heather O'Reilly
Christen Press (Under Pressure- David Bowie, Queen)
Christie Rampone
Megan Rapinoe
Amy Rodriguez
Becky Sauerbrunn
Hope Solo (Ridin’ Solo- Jason Derulo)
Abby Wambach (Gonna Get You Someday- Wig Wam)

Round: Writing Samples
I thought I would be done with homework and word documents when I was done with school but that’s all I stare at at work so here’s a bunch of randomly language-related trivia questions! What is the little dot above the letter I called?
Tittle (Titanium - david guetta + sia)
My family wasn’t big on scrabble growing up, we never played. But I did find out that Nu-Cafe is a scrabble night once a week that I’d happily go to with anyone here. What is the highest scoring word in scrabble? Includes double and triple letter score.
  Quartzy (Another One Bites The Dust - Queen)
I remember at one point in my life, I thought I could be a professional Speller and win every spelling bee ever. What is the longest english word without vowel?
Rhythms (Umbrella - Rihanna)
What’s the first word was voted into being a word via an internet vote (New Girl)?
  Adorkable (Scott’s A Dork - Reel Big Fish) 
I definitely need to learn another language at some point in my life. Name me the top 5 languages spoken in the world other than english
Spanish (The Space Between - DMB)
Chinese - (Sober - Childish Gabino)
Hindi (Depends - Blink 182)
Arabic (Recycled Air - The Postal Service)
Portugese (Portugal - Walk the Earth)

Round: Midwestern Struggles
it’s hard being a midwesterner. I just don’t understand the culture here at all.
Cornbread. Which state grows the most corn?
Iowa (Do Wah Diddy- Manfred Man)
Baseball/Cards. Which team won the most world series?
Yankees (Rompe- Daddy Yankee)
Steak and Shake. What year were hamburgers invented?
1880 (Gold- Macklemore, Eighty4fly)
Weird family with hunting. Which animal kills the most humans?
Mosquitoes  (Ego- Beyonce)
Which states qualify as the midwest?
 Illinois
Indiana (Indy Kidz- Cage the Elephant)
Iowa
Kansas (Carry On My Wayward Son- Kansas)
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri (Get Your Freak On- Missy Elliot)
Nebraska
North Dakota (Dakota- Stereophonics) 
Ohio
South Dakota

Wisconsin (Banana Pancakes- Jack Johnson)

Round: Birthdays
So it is my birthday in an hour so here’s a trivia round of birthday questions. What is a golden birthday? (Not pee related)
When your birthday and your age is the same (Insane in the Brain - Cyprus Hill)
Everyone always looks forward to a fun birthday party. What is the most celebrated birthday throughout the world?
Christmas (Loyal - Chris Brown)
What month is the most common birthday in?
October (Berserk - Eminem)
What famous playwright died on his own 52nd birthday? 
Shakespeare (Shake It Off - KidzBop)
Top 5 most popular girl names in 2015? 
Emma (For Emma - Bon iver)
    Olivia (You Only Live Once - The Strokes
    Sophia (So Fresh, So Clean - Outkast)
    Isabella (This Is How We Do It - Montell Jordan)

    Ava (Sk8ter Boi - Avril Lavigne)

Week 5 Scores
Lizard Squad: 32 pts
Faith +1: 30 pts
Molasses Landslide/ Grundler Grinder Reunion/Stefon and The Jacked Kangaroo Squad: 29 pts
Indische Bus Fahrer: 25 pts
Make America Grape Again: 25 pts
Do it 4 the Kids: 16 pts
Crunchy Roll: 16 pts
Green is not a creative color/ I'm Only Here to Get in Chris' Pants/That's a Bad Miss: 16 pts
Dr. Brief's Undergarment Sales Team: 15 pts
Gravity Falls Harder Than My GPA: 15 pts
Chortling with Rapturous Glee: 10 pts
I Got 99 Cookies Cause a Bitch Ate One: 8 pts
The Lobstabacks (Ain't No Lobstaback Girl): 5 pts
Frankie Vallie and the Four Seasons (Frankie is in the bathroom): 4 pts
Los Gringos Latinos: 4 pts
H224: 4 pts
Deez Nuts 4 Prez: 2 pts
Big Booty Bitches: 1 pt
Two Winning Guys: 1pt
Ole: 1 pt




No comments:

Post a Comment