Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Fall League Trivia 10/7

Picture Question: Best new watch technology
Winner: Make America Grape Again


Round: Famous drinks
Big Lebowski white russian. How long did USSR last?
69 Years (Summer of 69- Bryan Adams)
James Bond, Shaken not stirred. How many James Bond Movies have their been?
23 (23- Mike Will Made it, Miley Cyrus)
Chianti. Hannibal Lecter. What is the name of Jodie Foster’s character?
Clarice Starling (Counting Stars- One Republic) 
Sweet Vermoth on the Rocks with a twist. Groundhog day. Where does Groundhog day take place?
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania (Memories- New World Punx)
Sex and the City. Cosmos. What was the name of the women?
Carrie (Carried Away- Passion Pit)
 Samantha (Omen- Disclosure, Sam Smith)
Charlotte (I Don’t Wanna Be In Love- Good Charlotte)
Miranda (Something Bad- Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood)
Which one you think I am (Best of You- Foo Fighters)


Round: First For Everything
There’s a first for everything so my first round of trivia tonight will be about firsts! The first CD I ever owned was a Flyleaf CD in 8th grade. What was CD-ROM short for? - Compact Disc Read Only Memory (Memory - Sugarcult)
Which American male recording artist has the most gold, platinum and multiplatinum records? - Elvis (Burn - Ellie Goulding)
I was the first person to live in the house I grew up in, I remember seeing them build it when I was like two years old. I never had to worry about someone dying in my attic 40 years ago and haunting me at night. Who was the first president to live in the white house? - John Adams (Heard ‘Em Say - Kanye West and Adam Levine)
I could never imagine being the first person to invent anything because how do you know someone else isn’t trying to do it at this very second. Name me the beverage that was referred to as  “Esteemed Brain Tonic and Intellectual Beverage” when it first came out? Coca Cola (West Coast - Coconut Records)
I still don’t feel like people talk about this enough because it’s about damn time this happened. Name me the first 5 states that legalized gay marriage. I also hope the answer I have is accurate or I’m going to feel really bad.
MA (The State of Massachusetts - Dropkick murphys)
Iowa (Wannabe - Spice girls)
CT (Cute Without the “E’(Cut From the Team) - Taking Back Sunday)
Vermont (Little Talks - Of Monster and Men)

New Hampshire (Handlebars - Flobots)


Round 2 - VAMPIRES
1. In the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, what is the name of her British watcher and mentor?
Rupert Giles (8 Mile by Eminem)
2. Which movie did Dracula actor Bela Lugosi appear in, directed by Ed Wood in 1959,that is frequently cited as the worst film of all time?
Plan 9 from Outer Space (Spaceman by the Killers)
3. In the TV series Adventure Time, Marceline the Vampire Queen does not need to drink blood. She consumes this substance instead. What is it?
The shades of the color red (Can’t Stop Red Hot Chili Peppers)
4. What is the final book in the Twilight series?
Breaking Dawn (Spring Break Anthem by The Lonely Island)
Name the top 5 highest-grossing Vampire movies that are NOT Twilight.
Hotel Transylvania (Hotel California by The Eagles)
Van Helsing (Iron Man by Black Sabbath)
Interview with the Vampire (We Intertwined by The Hush Sound)
Bram Stoker's Dracula (Gold on the Ceiling by the Black Keys)
Blade II (Laid by James)

Round: Birdman
Fun fact: I have a cousin named Chicken. What is a group of chickens called?
Peep (Rolling in the Deep - Adele)
Another fun fact that I’m not going to show you right now, I can casually bird whistle. Why do hummingbirds hum?
vibration of their wings (Wing Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler)
Someone one mentioned to me that I should do some Harry Potter trivia. And I was going to ask you what’s the name of Harry’s owl, which is Hedwig, but I felt like that was too easy. This probably isn’t much harder. What type of owl is Hedwig? 
Snow Owl (Snow (Hey Oh) - RHCP
So for some reason I really love seagulls and the sounds they make. I was wondering who voiced the Seagulls in Finding Nemo and it turns out it’s the same guy who did one of the voices of 1 of the 3 siblings in Animaniacs. Name me the 3 siblings in Animaniacs. 
Wakko, Yakko, Dot (Wake Me Up - Avicii)
5 classes of vertebrae other than bird: 
Mammals (Animal I Have Become - Three Days Grace)
Amphibians (Amber - 311)
fishes (I Wish - SkeeLo) 
reptiles (reptilia - the strokes)

bird (I’m like a bird - Nelly Fertado)


Week 6 Scores
Lizard Squad: 42 pts
Faith +1: 34 pts
Make America Grape Again: 33 pts
Molasses Landslide/ Grundler Grinder Reunion/Stefon and The Jacked Kangaroo Squad: 32 pts
Indische Bus Fahrer: 25 pts
Green is not a creative color/ I'm Only Here to Get in Chris' Pants/That's a Bad Miss: 25 pts
Crunchy Roll: 22 pts
Gravity Falls Harder Than My GPA: 20 pts
Chortling with Rapturous Glee: 17 pts
Do it 4 the Kids: 16 pts
Dr. Brief's Undergarment Sales Team: 15 pts
I Got 99 Cookies Cause a Bitch Ate One: 8 pts
The Lobstabacks (Ain't No Lobstaback Girl): 5 pts
Frankie Vallie and the Four Seasons (Frankie is in the bathroom): 4 pts
Los Gringos Latinos: 4 pts
H224: 4 pts
Deez Nuts 4 Prez: 2 pts
Jolly Joe's Giants: 2 pts
Big Booty Bitches: 1 pt
Two Winning Guys: 1pt
Why Aren't Hamburgers Called Beef Burgers: 1 pt

Ole: 1 pt



No comments:

Post a Comment