Thursday, September 1, 2016

Fall 2016 Trivia Week #1

Fall 2016 Trivia Week #1 (8.31)

Welcome
1. So question #1 of the illustrious Fall 2016 Trivia season is a riddle. “I don’t go out and play. I just stay at home all day. You may have thought how pretty I be, but mostly your feet just rub me.”

door/welcome mat
Daylight - Matt & Kim
2. So I attempted to arrange the rounds in such a way as to send you a message and welcome you all to something you might hear in the not so distant future. But we’re all postponing that for now. In other news, Welcome is a brand of Skateboards with several riders for it who all have selfies for their pictures on their website. Anyways, one of them reminded me of the creator of Myspace’s iconic photo. Who created MySpace?
Tom Anderson
Tom Ford - Jay Z
3. So I googled welcome and of course the search yielded countless universities trying to welcome me to their pages and recruit me. All that to say, what is the largest university in America per enrollment size of undergraduate students? Hint: their mascot is the knights.
University of Central Florida
Florida Kilos by Lana del Rey
4. Welcome to New York is what I’ll be saying to myself tomorrow afternoon as I frolic around the city. Whose song would I be singing from her most recent album if I just roll’d with that blaring? Enjoy a funny song clue for this one hehehe.
Taylor Swift
Famous - Kanye West
Bonus: I’m gunna play you the top 5 songs that appeared on spotify after typing “Welcome”. I need the name and the artist.
1. Welcome to the Jungle – Guns n Roses
2. Welcome to Your Life – Grouplove
3. Welcome Home – Coheed & Cambria
4. Welcome to the Family – Avenged Sevenfold
5. Welcome to the Black Parade - MCR
Back to
1. So one of my all time favorite bands used to put their songs in an order like the rounds for tonight. They also had a song called Back to Back that used to be an alarm. It’s by the band the Chariot – check it out sometime. It’s beautiful. Back to the question. What is the #1 song according to the Billboard Top 100. I’ll even play it for you because I’m such a nice guy.
Closer – The Chainsmokers, feat. Halsey
2. So that band I was talking about is no longer together and it’s sad but their farewell tour featured me leaving a show covered in sweat that was a mixture of mine and many other people. That was also almost 3 years ago and in the past. Back to the present, or is it the future? Hmm. Name the full name of “Doc” from Back to the Future. Refer to the 3rd movie if you’re having trouble.
Emmet Brown
Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
3. I’ll be back. Iconic. Back to Arnold. Where was former Gov. Schwarzenegger born? For an opportunity to go double or nothing on this one, spell his last name. If it’s wrong no points. If it’s right, double the points. Obviously if you spell his name right but get where he’s from wrong then you still get no points.
Austria
Get to the Choppa by Austrian Death Machine
4. I love Adam Sandler. His standup is hilarious and his early 90s movies are iconic. Back to school. Name me the name of the movie that this clip is from.
Bonus: Back to our featured presentation. Name me the top 5 grossing Adam Sandler Movies.
1. Big Daddy - Big Poppa by Notorious B.I. G.
2. 50 First Dates - In da Club by 50 Cent
3. Anger Management - Anger by Marvin Gaye
4. The Longest Yard - My Ballz - The Longest Yard by D12
5. The Waterboy - Cold Water by Major Lazer, JBiebs, M0 thing
The Wilder
So a wonderful man died this past week. His name was Gene Wilder. He was amazing and graced my family’s television almost yearly, but we’ll get to that.
1. Most of you know Gene Wilder from Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Who wrote Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the name of the book that the movie is based on?
Roald Dahl
Doll Parts by Hole
2. So Gene Wilder was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and died in Stamford, Ct, on Monday. But Gene Wilder was simply a nickname that he went by professionally. What was his birth name?

Jerome Silberman
My Heroine by Silverstein
3. Wilder’s first breakout performance was in 1968 in a movie that garnered him a nomination for best supporting actor. The movie revolves around a play called, Springtime for Hitler: A Gay Romp. What is the name of the movie?
The Producers
I wanna be a Producer - (from the Producers)
4. After this movie, Gene Wilder teamed up with the writer/director of that last movie to produce such hits as Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein. What is the name of Wilder’s successful companion?
Mel Brooks
Brooklyn Baby - Lana del Rey
Bonus: So my family LOVES Young Frankenstein. Whenever we watch it it’s a constant flow of quotes and singing and jolly good fun. Anyways, name me 5 characters from the movie.
1. Frau Blucher -
2. Inga - Tear in my Heart by Twenty Pilots
3. Igor - I got a Feeling by Black Eyed Peas
4. The Creature - Creatures (for a while) by 311
5. Inspector Kemp - Inspector Gadget by Powerglove
6. Elizabeth - Elizabeth by The Airborne Toxic Event
7. Frederick Frankenstein
Office
1. Ahh yes classical American tv adapted from a British sitcom that was incredibly successful. First question, who was the creator of the British Office series?
Ricky Gervais
Rick Astley - Never Gunna Give you Up
2. So, unbeknownst to me the show was adapted for American television by someone who had written for Saturday Night Live, King of the Hill as well as the Simpsons. What is his name?

Greg Daniels
The Devil Went down to Georgia - the Charlie Daniels Band
3. So in Season 3, Episode 8, the office has a merger between the branches of Scranton and Stamford. It features a beautiful video of Michael and Dwight introducing the new folks to Scranton. What is Scranton referred to in this video – which is actually a true fact about the city.
The Electric City
Electric Love - by Borns
4. So the idea for the show revolves around a mug that the main character, Michael Scott, has on his desk that he gave to himself. What does the mug say?
“World’s best boss”
Like a Boss - The Lonely Island
Bonus: Easy and simple. I need you to name me 5 people who have been in charge of the office for at least a day. 5 should be easy, but apologies to those non-office fans who have been burned already.
1. Michael - Beat it by Michael Jackson
2. Ed Truck - Hot for Teacher Van Halen
3. Robert California - Hotel California by the Eagles
4. Creed Bratton - Fortunate Son by Creedance Clearwater Revival
5. Deangelo Vickers
6. Jim Halpbert
7. Dwight Schrute
8. Andrew Bernard - Andy You’re a Star by the Killers
(9. Charles Miner)

Picture Question: Draw Matt (your favorite host) as a character from the office.


Winners: (The Charlottans)

(H^2,K^2)

(Ethan What Happened to your nose? #WhosEthan? #RIPPrince?!)

(Winston's Winions)


(RIP Harambe #RIPPrince)

(Gravity Falls Harder than my GPA)

Standings:

RIP Harambe #RIPPrince
6
Winston's Winions?
5
H+K+H+K= (Hot Karate Hates Kiwi)
4
Gravity Falls Harder than my GPA
3
Ethan What Happened to your Nose? #WHOSETHAN #RIPPRINCE?!
2
The Charlottans
1

No comments:

Post a Comment